Saturday, November 10, 2007


Day 2 (Thursday)
Made my fabric selection... I am using Black Dupioni Silk for the LBD and I will use Blasck Chiffon for a jacket/cape trimmed in the Granny Smith Green Chiffon.
My Dress pattern has been made... Oh Man... this doll is TINY! I have never sewn for Barbie, and I sure hope I don't have to make many more outfits for dolls this size...!
Day 3 (Friday)
6 am
I stayed up all night ... once I cut out my fabric and lining I decided to get sewing...
It took quite some fiddling to get an exact fit on her teeny waist. I had thought about using a jersey type fabric, but decided that would be a cop-out... LOL...
Her dress is complete aside from hand sewing... trim and snaps.
I also made up a little 'crinoline' from Green Tulle and it will stick out a touch below the bottom pleated ruffle on the dress.
I am off to sleep now...
Day 4 (Saturday)
Didn't sew today... mulled around some ideas for a little top... jacket, or cape...
I will be sewing tomorrow and hope to get most of the ensemble done.
Day 5 (Sunday)
It's a long weekend here in Canada, and my Son and Family are coming over for the day... no sewing till tonight!
9 pm:
Starting to sew a little jacket for over the LBD...
2am:
Pretty much finished the jacket... I HATE IT!
Oh Man... It just loses the dress... didn't turn out quite how I envisioned.
Well... I have tomorrow to figure out what I'm going to do...
Nite!
Day 6 (Monday)
After much thought, I decided on a long chiffon scarf/shawl trimmed in the same black braid that I used on the dress... After all this challenge is about the LBD!
I LOVE it! Just the touch I was looking for... It 'enhances' the Dress, which is just what I was trying to achieve.
I made up a little chic headpiece using some Black Tulle, thin black ribbon and some tiny green seed beads...I'm very happy with it! Modern with a Vintage flair.
I decided to add little black bows to her shoes... had a tough time getting the glue to hold... after several attempts it worked...
The jools were kept simple... I made a silver decorative chain bracelet and black faux pearl drop earrings...
Her Clutch/shoulder bag is made of black crepe embellished with tiny black beads.
I am not one to overdo the 'Green' accent thing... Less is definitely More to me!
Day 7 (Tuesday)
All that's left to do is take my pictures
My Barbie Ensemble was sent out today at 3:30 by Xpresspost
It's such a relief when these outfits are finally on their way to NY... :)
Looking forward to the next Challenge!

2 comments:

darlingdivadurelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
darlingdivadurelle said...

Congratulations!!! Debbie you are my #1 I am so impressed that you have not designed in Barbie Scale before. Fabulous design! Where you surpassed the others for me was the silhouette. You did create a new silhouette. The hem line was brilliant and “contemporary” which was part of this challenge. The button detail in the back....yummy.... But I have to say... what really made me ohhhhhhhh and ahhhhh was that HAT!!! WOW... talk about YUMMY.... I think that you considered the model (silkstone) you were working with and took the challenge to just the right level.
Dollie-ON,
Durelle