Monday, October 29, 2007

LBD + 1 Silkstone Barbie Challenge


My first Journal entry for the Little Black Dress plus one Challenge:

#3 Silkstone BARBIE Challenge
Day 1 (Wednesday)

Opened my email re: the Barbie Challenge around noon today...
After reading the criteria... I decided immediately on Tan as my 'colour' ...
I was feeling good about what I was going to create... Classic and Timeless!

I rec'd another e-mail from Ted which came a few hours later, and in this message he told us that we could not use 'neutrals' such as beige or grey as our 'colour'... ?
What I find a little frustrating, is that the 'rules' change along the way...
I would have been much happier if this would have been stated in the initial 'Challenge' message.
Also, these so called 'neutrals' are colours as well... and frankly, I don't think that they are that easy to incorporate into a successful design as Ted suggested. Just MHO

I headed out to the Fabric store and spent an hour or so searching out colours...
I decided on a gorgeous 'Granny Smith' Green for my accent colour. It seems logical to use Hot Pink, or Red, but I am hoping my choice will be a unique one.
I have a fairly good idea of how my design will look and plan to get going on it right away. I will look through my supply of 'Black' fabrics and hope to make that decision tonight.

2 comments:

darlingdivadurelle said...

What an exciting challenge LBD... sorry your first thoughts on it were dashed... sounds like a tan would have been a neat answer. Love reading all of the bloggs.
Want to tell you I really loved your Ellowyn design.. and I enjoyed reading about it.. I have especially enjoyed seeing each designers “OWN” pictures of their design styled just the way you imagined it. Keep showing us pics...!!!
Keep up the good work you are one of the front runners!!!
Dollie-ON,
Durelle.

dalsdolls said...

I loved reading your blog and esp seeing Ellowyne photographed the way you envisioned her. I don't think the PDW shots do any of the outfits justice, don't exactly know why...I think it's the black and grey background tho I usually love black as a backdrop. It is sucking the colors out of the fashions and I think that's what happened to yours.
Love the close-up of Ellowyne wearing your purple corset ad black lace. Suits her personality and is edgy but sweet.
Good luck in the next round. I look fwd to seeing what you caome up with and bah on PDW changing their mind midway.. I LOVE tan and black!
I do love apple green too!
Hugs
dal