Sunday, November 11, 2007


These are the Q&A's that are asked by the Judges during each Challenge...

Thought I'd Share :)


1) What was your concept for this outfit?


I had in mind to create a Little Black Dress that could be worn Day or Night... As well as a timeless design that would remain in style... A classic wardrobe piece.
2) Why did you choose that particular fabric?


I Chose Dupioni Silk for this dress as I felt that it had the appropriate 'body' to create a form fitting dress. It is not too stiff, yet firm enough to hold its shape. I used Organdy for the lining (Thanks Ted for this tip!)


3) Why did you choose that color?


The Black for the dress was the dictated by the Challenge... I chose the accent shade of 'Granny Smith Green', because I love the contrast next to Black. Also, I am hoping to be unique by not using 'Hot Pink', or 'Red' as I feel they would be the most popular choice.


4) What element do you think distinguishes your design and sets it apart from others? Cut? Fit? Embellishment? Color choice?


I am hoping that my accent colour sets this ensemble apart from the competition... I have succeeded in getting a terrific fit on Barbie also, and I am quite proud of that, as it took some work!


5) What element of this challenge was the most difficult for you?


I would say that sewing for such a tiny doll was the most difficult element for me... The Silkstone Barbie that I have also has a permanently bent arm and I found it a nuisance when it came time to fit the outfit. Lack of articulation also created some problems, as I am used to sewing for articulated dolls.


6) What element of this challenge was the most enjoyable?


I really loved making her little 'chic' headpiece... I haven't done anything like it before. I was also pleased that I could do the entire ensemble, and have it represented as I envisioned it. It was very enjoyable to see the final fit and know that I could 'Make It Work'!


7) If you could change one thing about your ensemble what would it be?


No Changes.

No comments: