Tuesday, November 13, 2007



#4 Tyler Wentworth Challenge
Day 1 (Wednesday)
Noon:
I am excited to be working with Tyler and Co... These are the dolls I sew for!
We already knew that this challenge was about and 'Oversized' print/pattern, and I thought that it also might include a gown... We find out also, that it must be made of 'Cotton'... this sounds very interesting!
My very first thought was to use a Wide Black and White Stripe Cotton Sateen fabric (which I already have) and to make a backless bodice and full skirt...
I decided to take an hour or two and walk through my favourite fabric store to see if anything excited me first!
I found a gorgeous large print... Floral... done is shades of Khaki, Olive, Cream and with a touch of Teal... I purchased 30 cm and along with that I bought some co-ordinating cotton/linen in a light olive shade. I bought some teal cotton voile to use for piping also.
I also purchased some light weight cotton voile in black.
10 pm:
When I returned home I glanced down at the black/white stripe and decided I just had to use it! So I will use this other fabric another time :)
I started drafting my pattern... the full skirt was no problem at all, and the Cotton voile I was using could be gathered very full with little bulk at the waist...
I wanted a 'good' fit on the bodice and with it being backless it took some time to make it work... Success!

No comments: