Monday, December 17, 2007





Challenge # 7 The Veronique Challenge
Day 1 (Wednesday August 8th)



Well looks like I have some major thinking to do on this one... I don't have a 'feeling' about this challenge...
'Joie De Vivre' 'Claie De Lune' what do these phrases mean to ME?



Day 2 (Thursday)
Many ideas running through my head today... I find that this challenge has too many themes... it is pulling me in many directions.
Veronique's personality is the first thing to consider... I haven't followed the Fashion Royalty storyline so this is going to take some research...
'Joie De Vivre' has a few meanings to me... living life to the fullest... smelling the roses... dancing for joy... etc... so I should be able to come up with something appropriate.



Day 3 (Friday)
I have made a decision today about my colour choices... I have decided to go with SILVER & GOLD
I will head to the Fabric store to see what I can find.



Day 4 (Saturday)
After much thought, I chose to make an outfit using pants... not just any pants... but pants with a wide leg and with a high waist reminiscent of the ones Katherine Hepburn wore in the 1940's... Of course these will be for evening wear and will be made of an appropriate fabric (which I haven't chosen yet)
I also want to add pockets in the side seams, just for a more casual look without the jacket...
I think a 'bustier' and a jacket of some kind will work... Off to the fabric store!



Day 5 (Sunday)
I Bought my fabric and am thrilled with what I found! I only have one Fabric store locally, so my choices are pretty limited... I purchased a gorgeous GOLD satin with a perfect weight for the pants, as well as a sheen for catching the light... The bustier will be made from a matte SILVER satin that is a little firmer, and the Jacket will be sheer... It is a sheer polyester fabric that has a glisten to it...



6pm:
I have designed and made up my patterns for the 3 pieces and will be sewing most of the night...



Day 6 (Monday)
I managed to complete the pants and bustier last night, except for hand sewing and they turned out exactly how I had imagined! :)
I won't be sewing today as we are going on a family trip to look at some property.



Day 7 (Tuesday)
Well... after we returned home, I stayed up most of the night and finished the Jacket... I know the deadline is closing in on me... I am very happy with the way I finished off the front of it...
Since I used a sheer fabric I didn't want to use a facing as it would show through, and I couldn't do a rolled hem as the fabric is stiff... like working with paper... LOL
I decided that I would use satin ribbon, and I was very lucky that I had the exact same shade of silver on hand... I stitched it along the 'facing' line and then with another row of stitching I sewed it close to the outer edge... trimmed off the excess fabric close to the ribbon and used 'fray check' along the edge...
Voila! It looks professional and tidy.
Today I will be hand sewing GOLD & SILVER tiny sequins onto the front (not sure how yet) and the cuffs just to give it some 'Glitz'.



Day8 (Wednesday)
Jacket is complete! I am very happy with it, and the sequins add just the 'glitz' I wanted! I feel that a Centerpiece Doll needs to show some DRAMA... :)
I had wanted to make up a 'Top Hat' to complete the look for my 'Dance' theme, if I had time... well, I made time LOL... What a challenge this was! It was tedious work, but overall I am happy with the final result, although I am sure a 'factory' hat will turn out much better!
Sent Overnight by Purolator

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.